On 2017-03-05 19:30 +0200, Benedikt Hallinger via Therion wrote: > The same reason like already told in this thread: the data should reflect > otherwise recorded data.
Right, but in this case they didn't actually turn up, so how is it correct to leave them as listed on the survey team? I, too, like to keep notes original, but when they are provably wrong they are changed (usually with a comment explaining the change from the original notes). This happens regularly for instrument readings, and sometimes for station conenctions. It can happen for team members too. Unless someone wants to propose a general 'revised notes' command, I don't think it makes sense to provide this for team members, but not readings, or indeed anything else. I can see that marking data as 'revised from original notes' might actually be useful (because that effectively makes it possible to show the 'thisa was revised' comments in some kind of UI). Wookey -- Principal hats: Linaro, Debian, Wookware, ARM http://wookware.org/
signature.asc
Description: Digital signature
_______________________________________________ Therion mailing list [email protected] https://mailman.speleo.sk/listinfo/therion
