Just starting to look for what might be causing problems with the 13Mar2017 
beta version, by compiling each of my projects one by one.

 

Nothing much yet, except that small projects are generally OK and larger ones 
are not, so possibly some of my custom metapost triggering it.

One thing that seems consistent for all projects, Loch will crash if I 
right-click to view the context menu, Windows 10 will report that Loch has 
stopped working.

The screenshot below is the Loch that loads with 5.3.16 with context menu.

 



 

If I try the same thing with the Loch that loads with 13Mar2017 then I get the 
Windows error below.

 



 

Bruce

 

From: Therion [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Bruce Mutton via 
Therion
Sent: Sunday, 26 March 2017 8:37 PM
To: 'List for Therion users' <[email protected]>
Cc: Bruce Mutton <[email protected]>
Subject: [Therion] Current Therion for Windows version 13Mar2017

 

I just noticed the recent install files built on 13 March 2017, thanks to 
Rodrigo’s post.

Of course I could not wait to try it out, it’s great to see so many new 
features and bug fixes.  Thank you all.

 

I’ve not delved into it much, but a few comments on how it’s working for me 
(Windows 10) so far.

I installed the new build over ‘5.3.16 Vlad’s beta’

First three runs found three separate bugs by the looks of things, but on 
subsequent projects it worked better.

 

Run 1 MiddleEarth: Mystery crash, as per screen capture attached.

 

Run 2 BlackSabbath: Everything compiles OK, and I get list.html, pdf, lox and 
3d outputs, but the log file has but one line, as per attached log file

warning -- error deleting temporary directory -- 
C:\Users\Bruce\AppData\Local\Temp\th10044

 

Run 3: Flora: Crashes almost immediately while reading file, complaining about 
‘symbol-show point cave-station:fixed’ as per attached log file.  This is 
something that works fine with 5.3.16

./LayoutMapThisCave.thc [54] -- unknown symbol specification -- point 
cave-station:fixed

writing xtherion file ... done

 

Run 4 onwards on other projects: Mostly OK 😊

 

Runs 1 to 3 and errors are repeatable on similar projects, and supersets of 
them.

 

Opening up a variety of th2 drawing files did not show up any problems.  Did 
not try to create files or save changes though.

 

One request, if the new build(s) could have the version identifier in the UI 
and /thversion variable updated; they still read 5.3.16.  Perhaps ‘5.3.16 
13Mar2017’ or the like, would help with identifying which version I have 
active, and from which version pdf outputs were created.

 

Also back in 2013 I put together some symbol-assign’s and metapost for 
modifying the NZSS symbol set.  I’ll need to have a look at those in case I’ve 
changed my mind, but who could I send those to get them included?  Or maybe I 
should post them here again?

 

Bruce

 

_______________________________________________
Therion mailing list
[email protected]
https://mailman.speleo.sk/listinfo/therion

Reply via email to