So it seems my Therion v13Mar2017 beta version issues can be summarised as;

*       Loch right-click untrapped errors
*       An error to do with ‘symbol-show point cave-station:fixed’
*       Survex Loop closure consistently causing untrapped errors
*       A single th-config where Therion not able to delete a temporary folder, 
corrupting log files

 

I am using ‘loop-closure survex’ (except as noted) with Survex 1.2.27 and 
Windows 10.

 

In a bit more detail, and recapping a bit on what I have posted previously;

*       Therion v5.3.16 and ‘5.3.16 Vlad’s beta’ always work as expected, in 
all respects.

*       Loch v13Mar2017 beta works OK, except always crashes if I right-click 
to view the context menu (Loch v5.3.16is always just fine).



 

*       For Therion v13Mar2017 beta version, both loop-closure survex and 
loop-closure therion:  I have only one th-config file (of 15 in 10 projects 
tested so far) where everything compiles OK, and I get list.html, pdf, lox and 
3d outputs, but the log file has but one line;

warning -- error deleting temporary directory -- 
C:\Users\Bruce\AppData\Local\Temp\th10044

 

*       For Therion v13Mar2017 beta version, only loop-closure survex tested: 
Crashes almost immediately while reading file, complaining about ‘symbol-show 
point cave-station:fixed’ as per attached log file.  I’m guessing this 
unrelated to the loop closure method used.

./LayoutMapThisCave.thc [54] -- unknown symbol specification -- point 
cave-station:fixed

writing xtherion file ... done

 

*       Therion v13Mar2017 beta version crashes (similar to the image above) 
when there are two or more loops present, unless ‘loop-closure therion’ is 
explicitly set in therion.ini.  Tested on projects with zero, 1, 2 and up to 
107 loops.  This seems a pretty reliable hypothesis, but I want to test a few 
more projects with 1, 2 and 3 loops to be sure.

 

Bruce

 

_______________________________________________
Therion mailing list
[email protected]
https://mailman.speleo.sk/listinfo/therion

Reply via email to