I had this problem for two pits not connected and i resolve it by using a 
surface suvey

Guy

De : Bruce Mutton via Therion
Envoyé le :samedi 8 avril 2017 00:52
À : 'List for Therion users'
Cc : Bruce Mutton
Objet :[Therion] Disconnected centrelines - Extended Elevation Control

I am braving the creation of some extended elevations of some main routes 
through a cave with a number of branches, loops, through trips and hopefully to 
include a nearby cave.
Looking at the attachment First-Sample… I have an extended elevation that 
traverses a number of centrelines, some in the direction of survey, some  
against the direction of survey and one loop, which itself traverses a couple 
of surveys.  It looks simple, but was a challenge, although it now looks how I 
want it to.

Along the way to building it, there were plenty of times when there were random 
offsets that I had no control over.  Although I have some insights as to why 
that might have been, and think I understand extend start, ignore, hide, there 
were plenty of times when it appeared that large offsets were occurring for no 
apparent reason.

Anyway, the attached First-Sample… looks as I want it.

Now I want to add another very short cave, which is connected by a long series 
of survey centrelines, although these centrelines are not to be part of this 
elevation, so are not included in the centreline maps  I have created.

See the attached 2caves-Sample…
The second cave, and small part of surface survey, should ideally be located 
just to the right of the main elevation, because that is where, in reality 
there is a small gap between them.  There is no survey of the gap of course – 
the survey goes around the long cave passages and surface to get there!  (And 
there are gps fixed stations as well, so the surveys could potentially be 
disconnected, but that might mess with the plan maps – as usual there is a bit 
of misclose!)

I have tried using a start statement for each, and a start statement for only 
one of them.  This has no effect, and even if it did, there is not much chance 
it would produce the result I wanted.

Is there a way to control the starting location of this second piece of 
(disconnected) centreline?

Bruce


_______________________________________________
Therion mailing list
[email protected]
https://mailman.speleo.sk/listinfo/therion

Reply via email to