From: Therion [mailto:therion-boun...@speleo.sk] On Behalf Of ???????? ????????
via Therion
Sent: Monday, 17 July 2017 7:55 PM
To: List for Therion users <therion@speleo.sk>
Cc: Владимир Георгиев <vld.georg...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Therion] Therion] Therion 5.4.1 Windows Installer incomplete
installs

About the installer problems...

Since I did the installer changes, here is that comes to mind:
1) I could try to make it more intelligent and to detect if there is an
existing install location (all users or current user) and to install in the
same one without the "All/Current user" prompt. This will probably not prevent
all possible problems though.

2) Another solution would be to revert those changes and keep only the "All
users" option, which requires admin privileges. This is how the older
installers worked and always installed in Program Files.

In addition to that, there could be a portable edition of Therion, which is
distributed as a ZIP file and the user would only need to extract it in a
folder. There would be no association to the TH, TH2 and THCONFIG file
extensions of course. Currently the code reads the install location from the
Win registry, but it could be made to search for files in the current folder.

Does anyone have an opinion on what would be most useful?

Would you use the portable option, or the "Current user" installer?

Vladimir