Hi,
i try to add a layout for showing the question mark texts.
For this i tried the additions from the websites:
a) https://therion.speleo.sk/samples.doc/60.html
b) http://marcocorvi.altervista.org/caving/tbe/m_05/m_054.htm
but neither seems to work. a) produces no change and b) triggers a compile error :(

This is a) implemented in my layout.conf (taken from the web)
---------------------------
layout showContinationText.inc
code metapost
    def p_continuation(expr pos,theta,sc,al) =

      % draw question mark above station:
      % rotation=0, scaling=1, offset=(0,2)
      %
      p_continuation_UIS(pos, 0.0, 1.0, (0, 2) );

      % if text attribute is set
      if known ATTR_text:
        % set labeling color to red
        push_label_fill_color(1.0, 0.0, 0.0);

        % draw filled label with text below station
        p_label.bot(ATTR__text, pos shifted (0,-0.5u), 0.0, 8);

        % restore original labeling color
        pop_label_fill_color;
      fi;
    enddef;
  endcode
endlayout

and my thconfig export command includes this: "-layout showContinationText.inc", which in other cases is enough to activate it. The layout file is also loaded, i checked that.
However, no text is shown...

What am i doing wrong?

With best regards and happy christmas!