From: Therion <therion-boun...@speleo.sk> On Behalf Of Tarquin Wilton-Jones via
Therion
Sent: Sunday, 10 November 2019 01:46
To: therion@speleo.sk
Cc: Tarquin Wilton-Jones <tarquin.wilton-jo...@ntlworld.com>
Subject: [Therion] Breaking a loop at a specific station on extended elevation

Hi folks,

There are a few of us who are struggling with an extended elevation problem. I
have attached a sample data file, which represents the data from a real cave.

There is a main passage (stations 1-2-3-4-5-7), and a high level oxbow
(stations 2-6-5). Because the oxbow is shorter, Therion defaults to using that
as the primary extended elevation path, which is not desired.

The natural (human preferred) way of extending that, is to show the main
passage as a single line, then have the high level oxbow split at station 6,
with a leg pointing to each of the two stations it connects to, and a dotted
line connecting the two versions of station 6. Like this (if your email client
shows this with a fixed width font):

     6....6

    /      \

1--2--3--4--5--7

We tried various "extend left" "extend right" and "extend ignore", and we
managed to make it break station 2, but it seems not to want to break on
station 6. (We can obviously break it in the right place by breaking the data,
but that is not the intention is to keep the data valid.)

Can someone please tell us the magic formula of extend commands that will
produce the desired output?

Thanks for the assistance.

Tarquin

encoding  utf-8
source extendedloop-rbm.th

select extendedloop

export model -output extendedloop.3d
export map -proj plan -output extendedloopPLAN.pdf -layout-debug station-names
export map -proj extended -output extendedloopEXT.pdf -layout-debug
station-names