What Tarquin said:
You can use "symbol-hide group cave-centerline" to hide all centerline relevant symbols.

Am 2020-04-15 20:19, schrieb Tarquin Wilton-Jones via Therion:
symbol-hide line centerline does *not *work (unknown symbol

centreline is not a valid line type, so you cannot use the keyword
"line" with it. (That is to say, it's not a type of line that you can
select from the dropdown when you are creating a line in XTherion.)

The line is called "survey" (with subtypes survey:cave and
survey:surface that you can select in XTherion), and Therion
automatically generates lines of that type when you ask it to render a
PDF. It also draws stations (subtypes painted, fixed, temporary,
natural). These are all grouped together as "cave-centreline" when
inside a cave (flags not surface) and surface-centreline (flags
surface), and those two groups are grouped into "centreline".

group centreline
|-group cave-centerline
| |-line survey
| | `-line survey:cave
| `-point station
|   |-point station:fixed
|   |-point station:natural
|   |-point station:painted
|   `-point station:temporary
`-group surface-centerline
  |-line survey
  | `-line survey:surface
  `-point station
    |-point station:fixed
    |-point station:natural
    |-point station:painted
    `-point station:temporary

And yes, that does mean that you cannot selectively hide just the
stations that are on the surface. But you can hide the parent group, and
then unhide the other things you want to appear...

symbol-hide group surface-centerline
symbol-show line survey:surface

I have not tested if this would actually work, but I think it should.
Have fun, and see what happens.

Hope this makes sense.