>Can you do this in a thconfig:

>source "cave.th"
>source "extend1.th"

>where cave.th contains the cave survey data, and extend1.th contains the
>"extend" commands?
>I would imagine that to do it, you would need to re-enter the original survey,
>which is not permitted.

Multiple source files are fine.  I have a project (more than one?) where I do
this routinely.  It is a nice way to toggle the scope of a compile up or down
without having to dig into maps.  I have not used it specifically for extended
elevations, but there is no reason I can think of that would preclude this use.
 It might even be a great way of doing it.
There is no reason you would need to re-enter survey data for this to work, and
as you imply it would be extremely bad form to do so.

Bruce