Hi Bill,

   normally I export the VTK model of the cave from LOCH then I open it
with ParaView
With ParaView I export the model in x3d format and I open it with MeshLab
where I use the filter "Surface Reconstruction: Screened Poisson" with
pre-clean option active
After that with the filter "Compute Geometric Measures" you can retrieve
the volume on the log view.

My big issue is which model is better to export with therion in order to
obtain an acceptable volume: the one with "-wall-source splays" or with
"-wall-source maps"?

Hope this helps

good caves to everyone

enrico

On Thu, Jan 27, 2022 at 1:37 PM Bill Gee <b...@campercaver.net> wrote:

> Hello everyone -
>
> Several years ago I made a map of a small cave.  Among the data that was
> calculated was an estimation of the volume of the cave.  I need to find
> that information again, but it has so far eluded me.  I thought it was in
> therion.log along with other statistics like length and bounding box
> dimensions, but now I do not find it there.  The estimation was based on
> solids calculated from centerline and LRUD data.
>
> I looked in thTMPDIR and found nothing useful.  I also checked to see if
> it comes from Aven or Loch.  Nothing there.  I looked through a KML file
> and found nothing.
>
> Can any of you point me in the right direction?  Believe it or not, I need
> to testify in court early next week about this.  It's a long story ...
>
> Thanks!
> ========
> Bill Gee

Enrico Fratnik

e. enrico.frat...@gmail.com
PEC enr...@pec.fratnik.it
skype: fratnike
t. +39.335.6573879

Questo messaggio e riservato;
Qualsiasi pubblicazione, utilizzo o diffusione, anche parziale di
questo messaggio, deve essere preventivamente autorizzata. Nel
caso in cui non foste destinatari del presente messaggio,vogliate
cortesemente avvertire immediatamente il mittente.

Ce message est confidentiel;
Toute publication, utilisation ou diffusion, meme partielle, doit
etre autorisee prealablement. Si vous n' etes pas destinataire de
ce message, merci d'en avertir immediatement l'expediteur.

This message is confidential;
Any unauthorised disclosure, use or dissemination, either whole
or partial, is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient
of the message, please notify the sender immediately