Hi Daren

I'm fairly certain inherited_resources would just be calling destroy - so I'm not sure why the deletions aren't getting picked up by default. If you're happy using :retry_stale, then just stick with that - I wouldn't consider this a high priority :)

That said, we could investigate further if you get bored :)

Cheers

--
Pat

On 08/09/2010, at 9:51 PM, docgecko <[email protected]> wrote:

Hi Pat,

thats a good question, because I am not sure...:-)

Well what I mean is: I am using the Inherited Resources gem by José
Valim, and as such I haven't had to write any code for the destroy
action (as its inherited from the ApplicationController).  However, I
believe its doing exactly what you suggested.

Does that mean that I do have a possible issue in my setup?  It would
be great if you had any suggestions!

Many thanks,


D.

On 8 Set, 01:22, Pat Allan <[email protected]> wrote:
Good to know you found the detail on retry_stale - although TS should
flag deletions (it's not part of deltas, should happen normally) if
you're calling #destroy on a model instance. Is this how you are
deleting objects? Or some other way?

Cheers

--
Pat

On 08/09/2010, at 1:39 AM, docgecko <[email protected]> wrote:



Well, in the end I found that my delta indexes were being updated by
TS during a create or an update, but nothing was happening during a
delete.

However, I simply modified by searches to include ":retry_stale =>
true" and any missing records are ignored.  As stated here:

http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/msg01411 ...

this will remove the nil results, add the :retry_stale option to your searches. It can be set to true, false, or an int. This will tell TS
to remove any
nil results, mark the relevant record as deleted in the index, and
perform a new query to fill in the gap(s).

Excellent stuff hey!

Just need to add some more periodic indexing to reduce the chance of
my indexes getting too big!

Hope this helps someone else out there!

Cheers,

D.

On 7 Set, 14:00, docgecko <[email protected]> wrote:
Hi all,

I have a feeling this is a question on a common theme, but I just
can't seem to find the right answer from any previous posts.

I am using TS set up with delta indexing, using Rails 3.0.0, Ruby
1.8.7 and TS 2.0.0.rc2.

A User can delete records from a table. Once the record is deleted, the User can see that the record is deleted in the Admin area of the application. For finding the users' records at this point, I simply
use a the Rails "find_by..." to find records related to the current
user...so all works fine.

These records can be seen by any User in the main app.  However,
since
I am filtering the records in the main app using TS, when the user
goes to the main app (after a record has just been deleted), I
receive
an error.

When I view the log file, TS still thinks the deleted record still
exists.  However, once I "rake ts:reindex", TS's index excludes the
deleted file, and all starts working again.

So I guess my question is, does this mean that my delta indexes are
not working? Or are my indexes not updating after records is deleted
from a table?

Would really appreciate any help given!

Cheers,

D.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Thinking Sphinx" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected] .
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
.
For more options, visit this group athttp://groups.google.com/ group/thinking-sphinx?hl=en
.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Thinking Sphinx" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [email protected] . For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/thinking-sphinx?hl=en .


--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Thinking 
Sphinx" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/thinking-sphinx?hl=en.

Reply via email to