Yeah, I will stick with the :retry_stale at the mo...thanks, seems to
do what I wanted.  But true, if I get a little bored later when
cleaning up my app, I could be back for a little help.

Thanks for your help!

D.

On 8 Set, 14:51, Pat Allan <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi Daren
>
> I'm fairly certain inherited_resources would just be calling destroy -  
> so I'm not sure why the deletions aren't getting picked up by default.  
> If you're happy using :retry_stale, then just stick with that - I  
> wouldn't consider this a high priority :)
>
> That said, we could investigate further if you get bored :)
>
> Cheers
>
> --
> Pat
>
> On 08/09/2010, at 9:51 PM, docgecko <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>
>
> > Hi Pat,
>
> > thats a good question, because I am not sure...:-)
>
> > Well what I mean is: I am using the Inherited Resources gem by José
> > Valim, and as such I haven't had to write any code for the destroy
> > action (as its inherited from the ApplicationController).  However, I
> > believe its doing exactly what you suggested.
>
> > Does that mean that I do have a possible issue in my setup?  It would
> > be great if you had any suggestions!
>
> > Many thanks,
>
> > D.
>
> > On 8 Set, 01:22, Pat Allan <[email protected]> wrote:
> >> Good to know you found the detail on retry_stale - although TS should
> >> flag deletions (it's not part of deltas, should happen normally) if
> >> you're calling #destroy on a model instance. Is this how you are
> >> deleting objects? Or some other way?
>
> >> Cheers
>
> >> --
> >> Pat
>
> >> On 08/09/2010, at 1:39 AM, docgecko <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >>> Well, in the end I found that my delta indexes were being updated by
> >>> TS during a create or an update, but nothing was happening during a
> >>> delete.
>
> >>> However, I simply modified by searches to include ":retry_stale =>
> >>> true" and any missing records are ignored.  As stated here:
>
> >>>http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/msg01411
> >>> ...
>
> >>> this will remove the nil results, add the :retry_stale option to  
> >>> your
> >>> searches.  It can be set to true, false, or an int. This will tell  
> >>> TS
> >>> to remove any
> >>> nil results, mark the relevant record as deleted in the index, and
> >>> perform a new query to fill in the gap(s).
>
> >>> Excellent stuff hey!
>
> >>> Just need to add some more periodic indexing to reduce the chance of
> >>> my indexes getting too big!
>
> >>> Hope this helps someone else out there!
>
> >>> Cheers,
>
> >>> D.
>
> >>> On 7 Set, 14:00, docgecko <[email protected]> wrote:
> >>>> Hi all,
>
> >>>> I have a feeling this is a question on a common theme, but I just
> >>>> can't seem to find the right answer from any previous posts.
>
> >>>> I am using TS set up with delta indexing, using Rails 3.0.0, Ruby
> >>>> 1.8.7 and TS 2.0.0.rc2.
>
> >>>> A User can delete records from a table.  Once the record is  
> >>>> deleted,
> >>>> the User can see that the record is deleted in the Admin area of  
> >>>> the
> >>>> application.  For finding the users' records at this point, I  
> >>>> simply
> >>>> use a the Rails "find_by..." to find records related to the current
> >>>> user...so all works fine.
>
> >>>> These records can be seen by any User in the main app.  However,
> >>>> since
> >>>> I am filtering the records in the main app using TS, when the user
> >>>> goes to the main app (after a record has just been deleted), I
> >>>> receive
> >>>> an error.
>
> >>>> When I view the log file, TS still thinks the deleted record still
> >>>> exists.  However, once I "rake ts:reindex", TS's index excludes the
> >>>> deleted file, and all starts working again.
>
> >>>> So I guess my question is, does this mean that my delta indexes are
> >>>> not working?  Or are my indexes not updating after records is  
> >>>> deleted
> >>>> from a table?
>
> >>>> Would really appreciate any help given!
>
> >>>> Cheers,
>
> >>>> D.
>
> >>> --
> >>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
> >>> Groups "Thinking Sphinx" group.
> >>> To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
> >>> .
> >>> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
> >>> [email protected]
> >>> .
> >>> For more options, visit this group athttp://groups.google.com/
> >>> group/thinking-sphinx?hl=en
> >>> .
>
> > --
> > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google  
> > Groups "Thinking Sphinx" group.
> > To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
> > To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
> > [email protected]
> > .
> > For more options, visit this group 
> > athttp://groups.google.com/group/thinking-sphinx?hl=en
> > .

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Thinking Sphinx" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/thinking-sphinx?hl=en.

Reply via email to