Thunar, in contrast to many other file managers, is using the
"inode-directory" icon for plain folders - which the theme you linked to
is missing.

You can simply execute this in every of the "places/" subdirectory of
the theme to create the necessary links:

    ln -s folder.png inode-directory.png

If the theme is not picking it up, you can refresh the cache via:

    gtk-update-icon-cache /path/to/DarkPurpy

(will need root permissions if system path obviously)

Best regards,

Markus