Kevin

> Is there some other way that I can open a new tiddler, tagged with
> "wysiwyg" and that opens first time in the HTMLArea editor perhaps?

create a tiddler, name it as 'htmlareaPluginAddon' and enter the text
as below,
<<tiddler _dummy with: {{
window._newWysiwyg = function(title){
        var tiddler = new Tiddler(title);
        tiddler.tags.push('wysiwyg');
        tiddler.modifier = config.options.txtUserName;
        store.addTiddler(tiddler);
        story.displayTiddler(null,title,DEFAULT_EDIT_TEMPLATE);
        return false;
}
}}>><html><a class="button" href="javascript:;" title="$2"
onClick="_newWysiwyg.call(this,'$1')">$1</a></html>

usage of this scipt:
<<tiddler htmlareaPluginAddon with:"new wysiwyg" "Create a tiddler
tagged with 'wysiwyg'">>

(where the first one parameter is the button label, and the second is
tooltip)