Hi All

I am working on a study project for which I need to record the hours
that I work. I am trying to store these "timesheet" records in my
wiki . I have set up a template tiddler containing a form with three
fields: Date, Hours, and Topic. I wish to have a macro button that
enables me to create new timesheet records. I have tried three ways of
doing this. I have added Udo's plugin,
http://tiddlywiki.abego-software.de/#FormTiddlerPlugin,
and used <<newTiddler>> with <<formTiddler>>,  and used
<<newTiddlerWithForm>>.  I have also tried
http://zaptest.tiddlyspot.com/#NewSavedTiddlerPlugin
and the <<newSavedTiddler>> macro.

<<newTiddler
title:{{"Time_test_"+(new Date()).formatString
("YYYY0MM0DD_hh0mm0ss")}}
label:"New timesheet record button"
text:{{"<<formTiddler TimesheetRecordTemplate\>\>"}}
tag:"timesheettest">>

<<newTiddlerWithForm
TimesheetRecordTemplate
"newtiddlerwithform button"
[["Time_test_"+(new Date()).formatString("YYYY0MM0DD_hh0mm0ss")]]>>

<<newSavedTiddler
text:{{"<<formTiddler [[TimesheetRecordTemplate]]>" + ">"}}
tag:"timesheettest"
label:'newSavedTiddler button'>>

Of these three methods, the newTiddler method lets me easily specify
default content by adding a "<data> </data>" statement to the text,
but opens the tiddler in edit mode when I would much rather it be in
view mode. The newTiddlerWithForm method lets me specify default
content and opens the new tiddler in view mode, but doesn't let me
automatically add tags to the new tiddler. The newSavedTiddler opens
in view mode and lets me specify default content, but does not let me
automatically create a title for the tiddler (instead you need to type
in the new title at a prompt).

What I would like to be able to do is to modify newTiddlerWithForm so
that this macro accepts a "tags:" parameter. Is it possible to do
this? If so, how would I start doing this?

Or, is there another way to achieve what I want to do?

I have found these two threads:
'coding to auto-tag a tiddler created by FormTiddlerPlugin?'
http://groups.google.co.nz/group/TiddlyWiki/browse_thread/thread/7212cac6b63270ca/ced547906b9cca21?hl=en

'Automatically adding tags when using NewTiddlerWithForm'
http://groups.google.co.nz/group/TiddlyWiki/browse_thread/thread/c642fe8e6eb9e6f9/6f0fc14879e089d3?hl=en

Cheers
Andrew Mc