I appreciate the thoughts; but I really can.'t argue with their
reasons for not allowing outside programs and data - in this
situation, it is reasonable on their part.  BTW, I am consulting in
one of the IT groups, but they are highly silo'ed (also for good
reasons).  I will, however submit a request to have an update to the
library.
Somewhere in the TW file, there is the code that someone entered with
an editor that can be reviewed or changed.  All I want is to find it
in both this old version and the current version; make changes to
bring it more current. I have not been working in HTML or Java.
I figure it will be weeks/months of lunch-times before I can get it
fully updated; if there was a history of changes, I could implement
them as I went along, testing to make sure the changes worked, rather
than depending on a 'big bang' approach.
Since we are talking about the core processes first, I thought this
list would be a better place to ask than the GTD TW list.