Hi Eric:

On Jul 27, 7:13 pm, Eric Shulman <elsdes...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > The 'add a story' command is automatically omitted if the document is
> > > being viewed in read-only mode.  Are you saying that you also want to
> > > be able to omit that menu item even when the document is editable?
> > Correct. I have a pull down set of chapters/presentations/quizzes and
> > I would like to remove anything that may confuse the student.
>
> ok.  I've added a new checkbox option setting:
>    <<option chkStoryAllowAdd>>
> with a default=true

Can it be used as: <<openStory chkStoryAllowAdd:false list tags>>, or
to make it permanent do I have to add:

  config.options.chkStoryAllowAdd = false;

to my StorySaverPluginConfig tiddler?

I tried the StorySaverPluginConfig change, saved and reloaded the TW,
but the add option
is still in the list pulldown when called with:

    <<openStory list "story and Presentation" >>

> > I see this being treated similarly to the "close others"
> > viewing options in the pulldown. So the view options would look like:
> >  [ ] "close others"
> >  [x] "open at botton"
> >  [ ] "open at top"
>
> Seems reasonable.  Note that "open at top/bottom" options are only
> applicable when "close others" is not checked.

Yup. I think they really act like radio buttons since only one of them
makes sense.

> Get the update (v1.7.0) here:
>    http://www.TiddlyTools.com/#StorySaverPlugin

I did, but something looks wierd in the StorySaverPluginInfo tiddler.
I used
the import plugin from your site to perform the import. However, I see
bold
italics text starting at the part of the tiddler that reads:

   where:
      * list
        shows a droplist of all saved stories, plus additional
commands/viewing options. Selecting a story opens the
        corresponding tiddlers.
      * popup
        shows a popup display containing a list of all saved stories,
plus additional commands/viewing options. Selecting
        a story opens the corresponding tiddlers.

the bold italics starts as "shows a dropdown....". When I look at the
source I see:

  where:
  *list''<br>shows a droplist of all saved stories, plus additional
commands/viewing options.  Selecting a story
  *popup''<br>shows a popup display containing a list of all saved
stories, plus additional commands/viewing options.
  *storyname<br>is

I truncated the lines rather than wrapping them. On your web site
viewing the Info tiddler shows

  where:
  *''list''
  *''popup''

but when I imported it it stripped the leading '' somehow. Any ideas?

Sorry to be such a pain but...

-- rouilj