Hi Dave,

(Oops, I just had a flash from HAL 9000)
I'm not much more experienced than you with TW, but I can give you
some feedback. At work, I've got three TW files, index.html,
project.html, and journal.html.  Index is also my home page in
firefox.  I use it to keep my links to important systems, like the
ones I'm supposed to maintain, the trouble ticket system, the weather
map, the cafeteria menu, and the other TW files.  I also used the
LaunchApplicationPlugin to setup several rows of buttons to launch
applications and file browsers on important directories.
Project contains the organization hierarchy of my project, all the
people, client and consultant, the employers and their team
assignments - as I have been able to compile them, along with their
skill sets (func, tech, dba, applications, etc.) as I find out who are
the 'goto's' on each topic.  I started this file because I couldn't
get anyone to tell me where this info was, so I built it.
Journal has tiddlers by day and trouble ticket number, along with
using tags for categories and tiddler with the same name as the tags
setup with ForEachTiddlerPlugin routines to make nice lists.  I use
the daily journals to assemble my weekly status reports.  Right now, I
am finding a fair amount of cut/paste to maintain tiddlers by both
date and trouble ticket; I'm considering using 'YYYY-0MM-0DD_Ticket#'
as a tiddler key and then just use the ForEachTiddler macros to make
lists both ways.  That is the core of my work system.  I haven't split
this up for any problems; I just like the redundancy that even if one
file gets corrupted, the others are fine.
Since I'm on the functional side (I may be a geek, but t the center of
it all, I'm still an accountant), I can't speak to other
technologies.  At work, I am limited to the management-imported
software tools and have no access to the outside internet, so there
may be better tools than I am using; there certainly are a lot of
Plugins I don't have access to.  So, others may have better ways to do
things.  But, if you need to do things like I've described, TW will do
them well, with a little forethought.
I have to admit, my home use is a lot less sophisticated as I have a
lot less time to work on it.  But, I've got a rudimentary addressbook
up and running with a good subset of my 12 year collection in my Palm
using TWAB.  Because I can't take a pda into work, I've fallen back on
a dayrunner book for my calendar and a subset of my addressbook.  I'd
love to figure out how to print out from TWAB on to Running Mate-sized
paper (3.75" x 6.875", 6 hole,I think).  If I could find the paper!
Other than that, I do have a local home page in TW that performs much
like the work one.  I'm not yet sure what to do about a calendar in TW
yet.
I hope this helps.
Alan