Hi again Dave,
Both of these plugins (with documentation) are available at TWHelp
(http://tiddlyspot.com/twhelp/), an excellent site for newcomers (a
version from last year was imported to the intranet at work, so I have
access to it there).  Actually, to browse your own computer or network
is relatively straightforward, even from your browser without TW.  The
syntax for the links is simply 'file:///home/alanbcohen/' (on linux)
or 'file:///C:/' (on windows).  Just use that in a link like [[Browse
C: Drive|file:///C:/]]  The bad part is that while you can browse
drives and see the files (and open data files like pictures or
document, if you have mime types defined to your browser - most people
do), you can't start applications directly.  That's where
LaunchApplicationPlugin comes in handy.  The following is a simple
example (directly from my TW). This is the whole body of my tiddler
'WinXPFileManager', which launches Windows Explorer at the default
location.

<<LaunchApplication "WinXP File Manager" "Explorer" "file:///windows/
explorer">>

 Or from TWHelp, this example of opening a directory in Explorer:

<<LaunchApplicationLink "C Drive" "Folder" "file:///c:/">>

As far as ForEach is concerned, it can get quite complicated, but a
simple example from TWHelp is:

''Tiddlers with the tag 'memorize'.''
<<forEachTiddler
 where
 'tiddler.tags.contains("memorize")'

The first line is just a heading, the body of the macro sits between
the <<    >>.  I often create a tiddler with the same name as a tag,
and use a similar ForEach macro to display all the tiddlers with that
tag.

BTW, the word 'script' in the TW world usually refers to Javascript
routines which you can include in tiddlers with the
InlineJavascriptPlugin installed

Hope that is useful.  One of the things that impressed me about the TW
community is their willingness to help newcomers; all I can do is to
try too.

Alan