Thanks also for that helpful update Eric,

Not with standing that, tiddlywiki users with firefox can also use the
Plugin "It's All Text" to open any HTML edit field; eg; a tiddler in edit
mode, opened in an editor of choice. I use Notepad++ Portable, or PFE32 (old
school), but for some kinds of columns wise editing try SPFLite the author
says;
Welcome to SPFLite*
Why did I bother creating SPFLite?

*
*Well, I was just getting frustrated after trying out just about every
Windows PC Editor I could lay my hands on. They were all character stream
oriented editors and what I wanted was a line oriented editor like the 'good
old' SPF editor I had used most of my career.
*

SPFLite also has a great feature where you can edit something already in the
clipboard and it pasts it back to the clipboard. The main trick with SPFLite
is you could replace spacespace with space but only in columns 10 thru 20.

Anyways, just some shared tips.

TonyM

If you have not found an easy way to do it with TiddlyWiki, you have missed
something.
www.tiddlywiki.com