I want to attempt to create a whiteboard; something that can have
journal entries added on a regular basis, multiple times a day.
Shouldn't be a problem, I've figured out how to modify the journal
code to include seconds, so it is possible to make (in theory) 86 400
journal entries in a 24 hour period. THE TRICK is managing to include
journal entries for today into the default tiddlers. This has to be a
malleable entry, because today changes from day to day. when you load
(or restart) the tiddlywiki page, you need to be able to see all the
journal entries that have been created today.

Now there are plugins that are said to do this, and maybe they work
for some specific version of tiddlywiki that I am unaware of. they
don't work for the newest version (2.5.3) unless I'm doing something
wrong. I have tried a DefaultTiddlersTweak with
"config.shadowTiddlers.DefaultTiddlers=new Date().formatString("0DD-
MMM-YYYY");" in the tiddler, which is the only one that seems to
actually work, but it only brings up the most recent tiddler, not all
tiddlers for the day. I tried to download the AutoOpenTiddlersPlugin,
but Lewcid's stuff is off limits it seems. I even tried Clint
Checkett's WeblogPlugin, which should have been perfect as it's
designed to do exactly that, but doesn't seem to work at all for some
reason. Then I tried the BlogViewPlugin that seems to be a variation
of the AutoOpenTiddlersPlugin, but nothing again. Nothing seems to
work. I try blanking the DefaultTiddlers, I try deleting the
DefaultTiddlers, I'm out of ideas. Is it the upgraded code? does it
work for anyone else? Am I missing some integral simple thing that
only a moron could miss? Any advise would be appreciated.