On Thursday, November 14, 2019 at 3:17:48 PM UTC+1, @TiddlyTweeter wrote:

> It may be someone has done it already for TW because its not a
> fantastically difficult problem and I vaguely remember someone did, either
> for this or, similar, .vcf cards.
>

>...its not a fantastically difficult problem...

hihi ... It actually is. The very first definition "3.1. Content Lines" in
the spec RFC5545 <https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5545#section-3.1> already
shows, that the format has nothing to do with a data-tiddler.

   For example, the line:

   Can be represented as:

      ng description
       that exists on a long line.

The iCAL format is very complex, because it is extremely powerful. First
version of the spec seems to be by Oracle from 2009. Updates: 5546
<https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5546>, 6868
<https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6868>, 7529
<https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7529>, 7953
<https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7953>, 7986
<https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7986> come from Apple Inc.

Happily there seems to be a iCAL library from mozilla:
https://github.com/mozilla-comm/ical.js that would allow parsing iCAL and
vCARD data.

It is about 80kByte in size
<https://github.com/mozilla-comm/ical.js/releases>, but I don't think that
there is any plugin yet. Docs can be found at:
https://github.com/mozilla-comm/ical.js/wiki

have fun!
mario