- t took me 6 months to realise that a "blank" ContentType is actually
   "text/vnd.tiddlywiki" (yes?). BTW, WHY can it be BLANK?

I believe not type set defaults to text/vnd.tiddlywiki but in my building
the Tiddler Explorer, using type[] brings up some tiddlers with no type set
that don't show as x-tiddler or text/vnd.tiddlywiki.  In More tab> Types,
no type set ususally shows under x-tiddler while text/vnd.tiddlywiki is
excluded from the list there.  Using type[text/vnd.tiddlywiki] in Advanced
search> Filter brings up only tiddlers that actually have
text/vnd.tiddlywiki set as a type.  I think there's some extra background
filtering when TW determines what a tiddler type is when its not set,
x-tiddlers for type not set has widgets and such and not just plain text.

** note: using type[typename] should only display a type field with value
"typename" and not see type fields not set

>    - It took me 9 months to realise that I could mix HTML code with
>    WikiText. For a long time I was under the illusion that if I used HTML
> tags
>    I must use ContentType "text/html".
>
> Exact opposite here-- being a web page author (old school with Notepad), I
mixed html with wikitext without setting txt/html from the get go and was
thinking I was doing it wrong