Birthe / Tony,

Your replies prompted me to investigate a bit further into this problem.

I took a tiddlywiki with a size of about 33MB and progressively deleted
image tiddlers and saved after each bulk deletion.  When the wiki was at
about 27MB it still caused the computer to freeze.  However, when it got
down to 26MB it saved normally.

So, clearly, there is a limit to the file size for saving with Timimi and
Firefox!  In fact, on one occasion, Firefox actually crashed completely and
had to be restarted.

These tests were carried out on my Ubuntu laptop and I have not yet tried
this on the Macbook.

It will be interesting to see if the threshold varies with OS type, RAM
size, etc.

I have not yet figured out how to change the Firefox RAM allocation, so
can't comment an whether this has any effect.

Thanks for your input on this.

Regards,

Mal