Hi Tony

I had a quick look at what Google mean by a “Collaborative Inbox”: it’s for
customer support agents to assign messages to specific handlers for response,
and for keeping track of those responses.

Changing the nature of our primary discussion forum would be a massive change
to make, and so you should expect that a good deal of discussion would be
needed so that everyone else buys into the change. Requesting such a huge
change without any background explanation is never going to succeed

In this case, I can’t see that the change would suit us. This is a flexible
discussion forum/mailing list, not a simple Q&A ticketing system. Even if we
did want a Q&A system, we’d surely go with something like Stack Overflow (which
obviously doesn’t support assigning questions to be answered by specific
individuals).

Best wishes

Jeremy.