Jeremy,

we could make use of the sql database that is build to support word press.
However as you say using the api would be more sophisticated.

I have played with building custom post types and would be interested in
creating a tiddler post type. We could also support plugins as JSON packages.

Tiddlers as a custom post type would make them full word press citizens and
enable a meta site. We could store macros doco and more. Perhaps even click and
create wiki editions.

See my initial investigation and ideas in the choice of menus.
http://www.colabteam.net/tiddlywiki/ I own the domain and hosting. Bit I have
not put cloudflare can on yet.

I am all for drinking our own Champaign but until we get multiuser sites worked
out I see value in an open id community site. I can install almost anything on
my host including node but the security on internet facing node is unknowen to
me.

Regards
Tony

Tony