By self host do you mean for use on the same computer that is hosting it,
for use on the local network on on a public-facing server?

Because if it is one of the first two there are some newer tools that make
it pretty simple, if it is for a public-facing server than it depends on
how much privacy or access control you want.

If you are using the single file wikis than there are a number of savers
available, I believe that Timimi is a pretty direct equivalent to tiddlyfox
that works after the browser security updates that killed tiddlyfox
https://tiddlywiki.com/#%22Timimi%22%20Extension%20and%20executable%20by%20Riz
I also made the BobSaver, but if you are only doing single file wikis and
only using Firefox than Timimi is probably a simpler solution for you.

If you are using node-based wikis than the easiest solutions are either
TiddlyServer or Bob, depending on your needs. I make Bob and Arlen makes
TiddlyServer, someone was even kind enough to make a thread about the
comparison between the
two: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/tiddlywiki/MtGmV4Fk3bw

If you are looking for use on one computer or the local network than I
strongly suggest TiddlyServer or Bob. Given that you have set up Proxmox
and Nextcloud I am guessing that you have some experience tinkering with
your setup and those two allow a lot of customisations that you may like.

For a public facing server the php saver is probably the easiest to set
up https://tiddlywiki.com/#Saving%20on%20a%20PHP%20Server, it sets up a
backend that is very similar to what tiddlyspot.com uses.