Hi Tony,
 Many thanks for your feedback.

On Sunday, March 8, 2020 at 2:03:18 AM UTC+3:30, TonyM wrote:

> Mohammad,
>
> The "##" is no longer occurring. Thank you
> The "exclude filter" of [is[system]prefix[$:/plugins]] works nicely to
> include the installed plugins, but perhaps I need to go further to index
> the plugins shadow tiddlers?
>
> I am sorry I did not review and feedback earlier in the history of this
> solution. Once again "love your work".
>
> I also learned something by accident, I had not provided the wiki url
> correctly to the index and Export tool, In some ways this was because of my
> "special" setup.

Good! The url is essential as it is used to find the external wiki.

>    - http://192.168.1.81/IndexWikis/TW5References/index.html finaly worked
>
> But the thing I learned its trivial to change the stw_wiki_url: field in
> the "master" wiki where I loaded the index. This highlighted the ease of
> changing this as needed to point not to a local wiki but one with a
> different address on the internet, one which may be a copy of the local
> wiki.
>
> I do not want to ask for new features because this is already a 100%
> solution but I had some ideas you could consider in the future. I can do
> some of it it myself and share if you want.

I bookmark this post and hopefully I will try to implement those I can!

>    - Include in the Index and Export tiddler a button that appears in
>    Page Control buttons that on clicking exports the local index
>    This would allow a Wiki to freely publish an index for import
>    elsewhere if desired (eg tiddlywiki.com)
>    - An option to the above for non static websites could also make the
>    button first generate a fresh index then export the file
>    This allows a wiki owners who makes changes worthy of a fresh reindex
>    to click and re-export whenever needed
>    - It may often be convenient to drag and drop the index from the
>    source wiki rather than go through the export import process
>    I wonder if a functional button such as described by me above could
>    also be made draggable to drop the index tiddler on the master wiki?
>
> This has been implemented already! When you create an index, below the
input boxes in Index and Export you see the list of all index ttiddlers
with date of creation and delete button. You can drag the link to your wiki.

> Be it an option or standard behaviour the truth is I would be keen to see
> the possibility of search results listed together from all indexes
>
>    - However this may make indicating the source difficult, perhaps the
>    index file could have an icon which would prefix each result
>    - Another alternative may be being able to close the search results
>    for a given indexed wiki, so for example I may only review the results for
>    my plugin wiki etc...
>
> This is a bit complex! I myself interested to show to most relevant
results first from all indexes, but then I think the standard Tiddlywiki
search tool cannot handle this and we need a new search tool.
Also like Google, if master wiki learns from our search, then it can show
those we select frequently first!
But these future dreams.

> I always dreamed for a solution like this, and it has become a reality in
> your hands. The reason is I have a multitude of wikis, some with single
> purposes reflected in the name, some with multiple purposes now captured by
> the indexing and search you have developed. Hopefully I will no longer
> loose stuff.

Yes, for me also Searchwikis helped to collect all my stuff in one place
:-)

> I believe Bob may have a way to search across its wikis, perhaps Jed may
> be able to provide an add-in to your tool so the search can extend not only
> to wikis which have used the index and export but those in the bob
> "network" automatically. This would make bob a premier location for one to
> "index all ones tiddlywiki resources" including those of other publishes eg
> tiddlywiki.com

I do not use Bob yet effectively in my own work, but Mark in another thread
explained Bob is very powerful in handling multiple wiki searches. Hope Jed
explain this.

> In closing I have developed a process for "Registering" wikis in a central
> database, and some helpful ways of keeping them uptodate, given the
> structure of this search solution they would integrate quite well with or
> without the search index so I will provide another reply in relation to
> this, all of which could be combined with your solution in the future.
> Perhaps a new thread is advisable so keep an eye out for it.

In my opinion, one big item in the wish list is a way the update the
indexes when the external wikis have changed! Right now, you have to open
the external wikis time by time and reindex.
This is a little tedious! So, updating the indexes is very important and is
manual right now. By the way for personal wikis I have less problem.

I use also https://fraidyc.at/s/ to track wikis are not mine like
tiddlywiki.com and when I see enough changes I start a new index and
overwrite the old one.

--Mohammad