While far from being certain that this is the best way… All I do is put a
minus sign in front of the filter contained in:

$:/config/SaverFilter
<https://tiddlywiki.com/#%24%3A%2Fconfig%2FSaverFilter>

-[all[]] -$:/HistoryList -$:/StoryList -$:/Import -$:/isEncrypted -$:/
UploadName -[prefix[$:/state/]] -[prefix[$:/temp/]]

And I also simply hide (usually) all buttons…

Then I save by opening this tiddler:

$:/core/ui/Buttons/save-wiki
<https://tiddlywiki.com/#%24%3A%2Fcore%2Fui%2FButtons%2Fsave-wiki>

And I do all of the above NOT in my main wiki file but on a copy of it (eg
index.html), which I then publish for the world to ponder…

HTH -g-