Jeremy Ruston wrote:

> Over in that thread, I tried to explain why the grid layout isn’t suitable
> for the main TiddlyWiki layout.

The OP was not a "protest", I hope that's clear.

> The grid layout requires that all of the elements making up the layout be
> known in advance, so that one can construct the grid template.

Could you point to what is not possible in this w3school example
<https://www.w3schools.com/css/tryit.asp?filename=trycss_grid_layout_named> or
some other example? I'm thinking that by means of the usual list-by-tags
strategy, one should not need to know all the elements in advance so I hope
to understand the problem better.

<:-)