Thank you everyone here for your help! Since I couldn't think of any reason
these fields would have shown up from something I had done, I decided to
make a new file and systematically add plugins until the bad field showed
up. I was able to see all of the fields by using a tiddler with what Mat
suggested. Thanks Mat! I also added a line for shadow tiddler fields:
<$list filter="[all[tiddlers]fields[]]" />

<hr>

<$list filter="[all[shadows]fields[]]" />

I was able to narrow down the problem to a specific plugin that I had
installed which had many tiddlers which all came with these strange fields.
The plugin is "D&D 5e SRD Monsters", in case anyone is wondering. Super
useful tool if you are into Dungeons and Dragons! I will probably email the
author and let them know of this issue once I can confirm that it was
definitely something on their end. I used trial and error, but in case this
comes up in the future, I used the suggestion that Mark S. put forward for
locating tiddlers that have the bad fields. It worked perfectly once I
extended the filter to include shadows as well. Thanks for that! Finally,
Mohammed, thank you for introducing me to the extremely useful tool of
TW-Commander. Unfortunately it did not work as the bad field names messed
with the button that would have removed the field. Looking back on it, it
is possible that it did work, but because it doesn't affect shadows, it
only changed a select few non-shadow tiddlers that had these faulty fields.
The thing that finally worked for me was a button of my own that I adapted
from some code I found here:
https://tiddlywiki.narkive.com/NmNVbrY5/tw-tw5-can-i-bulk-delete-a-tag.
This is the adapted code:
<$set name="oldField" value={{!!fieldtoremove}}>
<$button>
<$list filter="[all[shadows+tiddlers]]">
<$fieldmangler>
<$action-sendmessage $message="tm-remove-field" $param=<<oldField>>/>
</$fieldmangler>
</$list>
Kill Bad Field
</$button> </$set>

All I had to do was create a field in that tiddler with fieldtoremove as
the name and "" or ="" as the value and hit the button. As nerve wracking
as it was, this seemed to do the trick! (Don't worry, i have plenty of
backup versions just in case this did something bad.) Anyway, hopefully
this thread can help other people!

Thanks again for all the advice!