Thanks Josuhua, you have described the issue well.

I do not like saving in the cloud, so of all the methods the only one I'd
consider is TiddlyDesktop. I tried it but get a JS error notice, as I reported
here https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/tiddlywiki/EMXnym2Rbqs/abbmO4SaAgAJ

--
 Securely sent with Tutanota. Get your own encrypted, ad-free mailbox:
 https://tutanota.com

13 Apr 2020, 03:36 by joshua.font...@gmail.com:

> This is a "browser specific saver" problem.
>
> You open your wiki "Peter(5)", you change it. You save it as "Peter(6)".
>
> You reload the tab..oops, you just reloaded "Peter(5)" without your changes.
>
> You open the new "Peter(6)" file on disk (in a new tab), you have your
> changes back.
>

> The browser doesn't understand that you want to reload the new number, and
> you told it to save the changed version with a different filename (by
> allowing to auto-increment).
>
> This is the exact problem that other save methods were build to resolve.
>
> I also recommend checking out: > https://tiddlywiki.com/#GettingStarted
>
> Best,
>
> Joshua Fontany
>
> On Saturday, April 11, 2020 at 8:13:55 AM UTC-7, Peter Buyze wrote:
>
>> LinOnetwo, thanks for the suggestion.
>>
>> I manually moved the original html file out of the Downloads folder into a
>> folder of my choosing. I have set my browser to ask me each time when I
>> click on save where it should save to. So, from that point of view I have no
>> problems, I think.
>>
>> What I discovered today is that when I want to refresh/reload and click on
>> the circular arrow button in the right hand pane, TW or the browser chooses
>> to open the cached (= old) version. That's why I have disabled the circular
>> arrow button, so now, if I want the latest version, I am forced to go to the
>> folder of the various saved TW versions and choose the latest.
>>
>> I my humble opinion as a TW newbie I think the circular arrow button is
>> misconfigured.
>>
>> --
>> Securely sent with Tutanota. Get your own encrypted, ad-free mailbox:
>> https://tutanota.com
>>

>> 11 Apr 2020, 18:06 by >> lindo...@gmail.com <>>> :
>>
>>> Hi, Peter:
>>>
>>> as long as you are using MacOS, you can use my solution to auto move html
>>> file from download folder to a git repo, and auto backup it to github:
>>>
>>> See
>>>
>>> https://github.com/linonetwo/>>> Meme-of-LinOnetwo/blob/>>>
>>> 455e6a21bb/serveAndWatchHTML.>>> js>>>  and >>>