Mat, sorry! Your confusion may be the result of a somewhat sideways
reference to an old post by Mike Caulfield:
https://hapgood.us/2015/10/17/the-garden-and-the-stream-a-technopastoral/

Wikis are often looked at as gardens with posts that are regularly
revisited and maintained while blogs are posted on in streams of posts that
aren't as frequently revisited.

I hope anyone interested in the design and UI of wikis on the web will join
us.