Hi Jeremy,

No luck to remove the extra <p> nor the new template created correct html
page (rendered tiddler --> page.html)

 As you advised I used the below command in my *tiddlywiki.info* to build
the static pages and see the effects of new template:
$:/kookma/mytemplate-wrapper

"jeremy":[
    "--rendertiddlers", "[!is[system]tag[public]]",
"$:/kookma/templates/static.tiddler.html", "static", "text/plain",
"--rendertiddlers", "[!is[system]tag[public]]",
"$:/kookma/mytemplate-wrapper", "static", "text/plain",
    "--rendertiddler", "$:/kookma/templates/static.template.css",
"static/static.css", "text/plain"
]

Then in a terminal window I issued the below command

tiddlywiki --build jeremy

I got the output folder with all tiddlers tagged with public BUT the pages
are raw texts

For example Home tiddler rendered into home.html with below content

!! Home This is a playground to make static website. !! Links This is an
[[Index]]. I also see `a code` here.

As you see nothing rendered!

More info:

   1. My templates are copy of official templates
   so $:/kookma/templates/static.tiddler.html is a copy
   of $:/core/templates/static.tiddler.html
   2. I have only used a modified $:/core/ui/ViewTemplate called
   "$:/kookma/ui/ViewTemplate " to remove the tags wrapper from displaying. So
   this was reflected in "$:/core/templates/static.tiddler.html"as below

`{{$:/StaticBanner||$:/core/templates/html-tiddler}}`
<section class="tc-story-river">
`<$view tiddler="$:/kookma/ui/ViewTemplate" format="htmlwikified"/>`
</section>

Mohammad