Folks,

A Quick mention of prior art, and related ideas for view and edit as one
mode, visual/wysiwig editing

   - There is a visual editor based on CKEditor, I generates HTML wikis,
   good for HTML designers but not so good with wiki text, however you can add
   wikitext and widgets later
   - Numerous outliners have being made previously.
   - There are numerous edit in the view template methods, I use one every
   day, and I build a business solution based on this (It will be a while
   before I publish this because it has sophisticated field and field type
   management built in.
   - The draft mechanism for the current editor is designed to get over the
   issue of editing the current tiddler, alternative need to take this into
   account. But it is trivial to build an editor tiddler that edits a
   nominated tiddlers (not itself)
   - The Existing preview mechanism is very powerful and if you add the
   core internals plugin even better for coders and html freaks. A Horizontal
   version that resemble wikimedi/wikipedi should be trivial
   - There is a high level of productivity gained from using wiki markup so
   visual editors are arguably a move away from this however it would
   certainly help new or incidential users of tiddlywiki

Possible and prefered futures

   - IF we provided a WISIWIG HTML editor with Wiki-Text to HTML and back
   conversion features it would be quite good
   - If we had a visual editor that could generate Wikitext and possible
   Markdown rather than html it would be nervana, since html flows from
   wikitext anyway
   - There are plenty of editor projects out there in html and javascript,
   perhaps adopting on of those projects and building a plugin for tiddlywiki
   would leverage another active community and would be better than taking on
   this independently generating a separate development and release project.
   - Projects such as atom.io or editors that are also designed for site
   generation could be very powerful if integrated into Tiddlywiki.Such they
   could edit and produce tiddlers but also support the generation of other
   output.

Regards
tony