Hi,

I think, it depends on how "connected" your plugins are. If 1 functionality
is hardly used *without* the other, I would keep it in 1 plugin.

If it is very likely, that they are useful alone, and do completely
different things, you should split them. The chance is high, that users
demand different new "features". So the code base can't be shared after a
view iterations anyway.

If they share eg: 40% or more code, I'd go with 1 plugin, until it really
needs to be split into a "main" and "feature" plugins. ... But I think you
can go a long way here. IMO up to 30k in plugin size, uncompressed, before
you start splitting. ...

I think at the beginning its relatively hard to know, the structure, that
will be really needed. So after some time a module like rewrite may be a
possibility.

Splitting will be made easier, if you keep it in mind early and already
start with a module like structure.
You can have a look at the tw core, how "modules" are created. Have a look,
how the module-type field is handled, if you are interested.

just some thoughts.

-mario