In developing my plugin I can see a couple of features could be usefull as
seperate plugins of there own.

I wonder what would  be best practice

1. To keep everything in one plugin
   self contained, easy to install, but only on plugin. However, if functions
are copied to another plugin later, this would take more space. It could also
complicate things if two plugins edit the same shadow tiddler.

2. Make a main plugin with dependencies on smaller plugins
  This would give several different plugins but would be more cumbersome to
install and to maintain. And it could be a mess in the future, if by mistake, a
plugin update will break a dependency.

And what if you use something from a plugin from someone else? E.g. a
background from shiraz. Then you have no control over future updates. Would it
then be best to copy the function from the plugin to your own or to make a
dependency?