I cant be sure of the cause,

   - Are you using the command line to launch TiddlyDesktop
   - What Operating system
   - Have you made changes in the backstage
   - Does it occur after to add a particular wiki to TiddlyDesktop
   - Did you use TiddlyDesktiop to create a wiki before this occurred?
   - Could you have broken it previously and there are files or registry
   entries left behinds that cause it to fail

Regards
Tony