Thanks for trying!

I dived into the code and see that it wants a simple string:

"""myattribute='useless-attribute'"""

Unfortunately, the attributes one would most like to override, class or
style, are overridden by the macro button. Not sure what you could use it
for. Maybe to add an id to the element. Hmm ... yes you could do that, but
then you'd have to generate an id and a matching stylesheet definition. It
would be much simpler if it let you add a style or class.