I've recently started using static tiddlers for a couple of projects. The
way I'm doing it, I just generate the files and have a scheduled task that
runs an FTP process to get the files up to my web host.

The key to it is an addition to the tiddlywiki.info file that sits in the
folder with all your wiki files. Add a comma after the last ] in the static
section then add:
"last2": [
"--rendertiddler","$:/core/templates/static.template.html","static.html","text/plain",
"--rendertiddler","$:/core/templates/alltiddlers.template.html","alltiddlers.html","text/plain",
"--rendertiddlers","[!is[system]days[-2]]
","$:/core/templates/static.tiddler.html","static","text/plain",
"--rendertiddler","$:/core/templates/static.template.css","static/static.css","text/plain"]

Then instead of "build --static" you "build --last2"

This will then build only tiddlers modified in the last 2 days. That may be
overkill since the files don't change that much but if for some reason a
schedule got missed It would still pick up the files.

The whole process is:
1. Build static and ftp to get everything up to the site
2. Task schedule to build last2 and ftp only changes to site..
- the main caveat here is that a build last2 will leave ONLY that last 2
days of tiddlers in your static folder so you have to be sure your FTP
command doesn't erase files that are already up on the server.

Scott