On Thursday, May 21, 2020 at 9:58:23 AM UTC+2, TiddlyTweeter wrote:

> *The issue is this: When evaluating "A better Markdown for TW" what are we
> specifically talking about? It sure isn't Fountain. But WHAT is it?*

I think those TW rules should understand markdown

 Paragraphs in WikiText <https://tiddlywiki.com/#Paragraphs%20in%20WikiText>
 Lists in WikiText <https://tiddlywiki.com/#Lists%20in%20WikiText>
 Linking in WikiText <https://tiddlywiki.com/#Linking%20in%20WikiText>
 Images in WikiText <https://tiddlywiki.com/#Images%20in%20WikiText>
 Headings in WikiText <https://tiddlywiki.com/#Headings%20in%20WikiText>
 Formatting in WikiText <https://tiddlywiki.com/#Formatting%20in%20WikiText>
 Code Blocks in WikiText
<https://tiddlywiki.com/#Code%20Blocks%20in%20WikiText>
 HTML in WikiText <https://tiddlywiki.com/#HTML%20in%20WikiText>
 Hard Linebreaks in WikiText
<https://tiddlywiki.com/#Hard%20Linebreaks%20in%20WikiText>

According to the CommonMark spec <https://spec.commonmark.org/0.29/> ...
with some exceptions. So the MIME type may be text/markdown;
variant=tiddlywiki

CM spec contains a lot of redundant rules and start / end markers. We need
them for the important stuff like transclusions, macros ... and so on. see:
https://tiddlywiki.com/#WikiText

-mario