TiddlyTweeter wrote:

> Ciao Mark
>>
>> *1 - Accidental Splitting*
>>
>> It possible to split accidentally where you don't want to, for instance
>>
>> <<<
>> "Fragmentally, my dear, I don't give a damn!"
>>
>> --Down With The Wind
>> <<<

Mark S.

> I'm thinking that the solution might be to give the user the opportunity
> to declare the (html) tag they want to use with a fragment. Whether there
> might be a gap between two fragments with the same coding might be an
> advanced consideration for later. This approach would mean that you would
> specify your text without the outer markup (e.g. <<<). This means that when
> you navigate to the individual tiddler, it wouldn't display the markup
> (though a template could be created to do that somewhere down the line).
>
> The other approach, and probably simpler, would be to have a checkbox
> "Don't split" which would prevent the "Close" button from splitting up this
> particular tiddler. This might pose a problem if your enclosed text was
> large with many paragraphs, since you're then losing the benefit of NW.
>
> Thoughts?

I think the simpler solution to allow EDIT but turn off SPLIT would be
fine. It would in no way defeat the purpose of NW. Let me give a real
example ...

*Use Case: Edit Tweets*

I post tweets from TW. I often revise them. They already exist. NW gives me
a way to edit them in bulk. Order is irrelevant. They are all multiply
tagged. So let's say we have an instance of NW for tag #Crusoe. A typical
tweet look like this for editing ...

Crusoe came to Crusoe to complain that Crusoe was complaining about Crusoe.

#Crusoe #complaint

They are plain text. They don't need splitting. Merely one place to edit
them en mass. NW works just as well for that. In those cases "split" is
actually neither needed or wanted.

TT