400 bars? You mean pipe symbols |  ?

At the dawn of the computer age my trick for rapidly populating text with
repeated text was (and still works)

Type your repeating text
Move just below the line.
Ctl-A to select All
Ctl-C to copy
Ctl-V twice to duplicate

Repeat steps three through 5 8 times, and you'll have more than 400 rows,
if my math is right.

A button to make a basic table would be cool, though.