On Sunday, June 7, 2020 at 3:20:27 AM UTC-7, Jake wrote:

> The question is can I use a transclusion in hyperlinks?
> Can I make a tiddler like [[MyFolder Path]] and then use
> [[myfile|file:///{{MyFolder Path}}\MySubfolder\myfile.txt]]? And if I
> rename/move my folder - I just adjust the single tiddler [[MyFolder Path]]
> and that's it, no need to rename ALL the links.
> ...Maybe some macro or something?...

Yes... a macro (actually 2 macros)

First, enter this into a tiddler (e.g., MyLink) tagged with $:/tags/Macro:
\define link(text,file) <$vars folder={{MyFolderPath}}><<link2file "$text$"
"$file$">></$vars>
\define link2file(text,file) [ext[$text$|file:///$(folder)$/$file$]]

Next, create a tiddler named "MyFolderPath", containing something like:
C:/MyFolder02

Then, to use it, write:
<<link "text to show" "MySubfolder/myfile.txt">>

What it does:
The <<link>> macro gets the contents of MyFolderPath and puts it in a
variable and then calls on <<link2file>>.
The <<link2file>> macro substitutes the macro parameters, $text$ and $file$
along with the variable $(folder)$ to construct and return an external link
for rendering.

Note:
* even though Windows uses backslash in path names, we can use *forward
slash* within the browser.  This makes it cross-platform compatible, since
other platforms (e.g., Linux) use forward slash exclusively.

enjoy,
-e