Yes, the last one worked perfectly! Though it's a bit more difficult to
understand then the first one.
Which is the input set, the output set, where the variable is assigned to
individual item and where the variable is assigned to the whole set, so
on...
I mean the main question is not exactly what is assigned to what, but "what
you can assign to what and what you can not" in terms of TW. :)

PS. As I understood in this case <<theList>> variable you can use only
inside "wikify" widget and <<getItems>> and <<showItem>> anywhere in the
wiki once you add them in macro tiddler?