On Thursday, August 6, 2020 at 1:42:50 AM UTC-7, Teo Piitulainen wrote:

> Hello, I'm new here, and new to the code!

Welcome!

> I use these Tag Manager-like Tiddlers to organize my tag hierarchies. For
> example, this one creates a table of all my wiki's "topics" tags and shows
> their count next to them (on the left).
> Is there a way to sort the resultant table primarily by the count (most
> popular tag first), and secondarily by the tag title?

In the latest *pre*-release of the TWCore (v5.1.23) there is a new filter,
"sortsub", which lets you sort items by a "subfilter" definition.
The subfilter uses filter syntax to compute a "derived value", based on the
current tiddler being processed.

For your use-case, this does the job:
\define lingo-base() $:/language/TagManager/
\define sub() [tagging[]count[]]

   <th><<lingo Count/Heading>></th>
   <th><<lingo Tag/Heading>></th>
<$list
filter="[tags[]tag[topics]!is[system]sort[title]!sortsub:integer<sub>]">
filter="[all[current]tagging[]]"/></td>
</$list>

Notes:
* you will need to use the 5.1.23 pre-release, which you can get here:
https://tiddlywiki.com/prerelease/empty
* because the subfilter syntax contains square brackets, it can't be
"nested" inside the sortsub[...] syntax.  To work around this, use a macro
(variable) to define the subfilter, and then reference it using the <...>
variable syntax
* your posted table syntax had a few oddities that I cleaned up:
   1) there is no need for a <tbody> tag
   2) there was an extra row with empty <td>'s
   3) there was no terminating </$list> or </table>

You might also be interested in checking out my TagCloud "filter generator":

http://tiddlytools.com/filtergenerators.html#TiddlyTools%2FFilterGenerators%2FTagCloud

It sorts the tags by number of tagged items, but instead of displaying a
table, it shows the count
included in the "tag pill" text, and also scales the size of the tag pill
in proportion to the number
of items it is tagging.

enjoy,
-e