Hi Bimlas,

Just a quick note to say that I quite enjoy reading your thoughts on this.
As someone who doesn't really take notes, I don't have much of substance to
add. However if I were taking extensive notes the idea of an approach that
relied on full text search or links rather than fields/tags would quite
appeal to me.

Oh, I couldn't get your link about the weakness of full text search to load
for me but this works:
https://tefkos.comminfo.rutgers.edu/Courses/e530/Readings/Beal%202008%20full%20text%20searching.pdf

Cheers,
Saq