Thanks Tones

tried addsuffix[ ] and it worked!

bobj

On 28/9/20 11:26 am, TW Tones wrote:
Bob,

My updated cheat sheet is in progress. Attached, Final to be published first here https://anthonymuscio.github.io/

to add a space

addprefix[]

or you can use it in

join[]
addsuffix[]

and possibly other places

Dont kick yourself.

Tones

On Monday, 28 September 2020 10:11:29 UTC+10, Bob Jansen wrote:

    Eric and Tones,

    your explanation makes things clearer and the cheat sheet helps.
    It just adds to my argument though, the documentation needs to be
    updated. For example, searching for concatenation provides the
    tiddler on using macros for this but no mention of when using in a
    filter. Tones, I think your cheat sheet should be included in the
    Tiddlywiki wiki documentation right up front to make things
    clearer for naive users like me.

    One more thing, is there a way to append a space character in the
    filter? I've tried
    <$action-setfield
              $field="exhibition_id"
              $value={{{ [{!!exhibition_id}addsuffix{"
    "}addsuffix{$:/TLS/exhibition_id}] }}}

    Also tried

    <$list filter="[tag[Mark]]">
         <$set name="spaceChar" value=" ">
         <$action-setfield
              $field="exhibition_id"
              $value={{{
    [{!!exhibition_id}addsuffix{<spaceChar>}addsuffix{$:/TLS/exhibition_id}]
    }}}
         />
    </$list>

    but the space character does not seem to be added to the field. I
    need a space character between each id value.

    bobj