If you are interested, one saver that can use python on the back end is
BobSaver, but I think that they have different goals.

BobSaver is a saver plugin and it has a server component that I wrote in
different languages (Node, Python or Julia at the
moment). https://ooktech-public.gitlab.io/bobsaver/