Hi Ed, Hi everybody!
thanks for your email which made perfect sense and made me dive further into learning systems...that is why it took me some time to reply. I had to understand the difference between Tin-Can-Api , SCORM and then find out what role moodle plays there. So here is a very short summary of what I figured out: As I understand, TinCan which has since been renamed to xAPI adds a feedback channel to SCORM to see what learners are doing with your input. Moodle which uses the SCORM-format seems to have focussed on a similar field recently by adding learning-analytics which is quite a hot topic in that community at the moment...but without using xAPI. Interpreting the density of information I found, moodle seems to have evolved much faster than xAPI.

We agree on the point that moodle has abilitys that TW is not build for. The main difference is the user management which enables theachers to let students upload media and perform tests. My Idea would be that TW5 would be the ideal portfolio to do the research for a course for university-teachers (Alberto Molina's Concept has prooved this a long time ago...), and for students to collect the information they judge valuable - and to take it with them into the post-academic life where their moodle-accounts have expired in a more sophisticated form than .pdf.

So I think having a converter (or conversion workflow) would be very good ... and doable for after all it is just parsing. But I am not shure on which side it should be placed. In this community it seems to be more likely to find wizard capable of creating and digesting the xml-based export-format of moodle. My skills being a little less superficial in php than in js I already had a look at how to create a moodle-plugin to perform this...but was a little intimidated by the hard standarts and the lack of such a wonderfull community like this here.

I think also Steves concept of usig TW parallely and referencing between them is an approach. My first idea was to use Moodle only as a sort of mailbox linking the "activities" from an informative TW-based coursebook. I was a little disappointed the URLs of the activities seem to change randomly if you are doing the course a second time... I am still wondering what a good workflow might be.
So please add your ideas...

Best wishes Jan